Posted on July 23rd, 2014 by Jessica Roberts
Our Things To Do List’s continue with Lake Alfred. The city’s small-town feel makes it a great day-trip destination. Whether you’re looking to shop, eat, fish or hike, Lake Alfred has unique offerings for everyone.
- Decide to redecorate your living room and head over to Tela’s Fabrics, a high-end fabric shop carrying materials for window treatments, slipcovers and other furniture.
- Have lunch with your favorite ladies at Lavender and Lace Tearoom.
- Learn about different galaxies, plants and observable constellations during Astronomy Night at the Mackay Gardens and Lakeside Preserve.
- Take a hike through the Hilochee Wildlife Management Area and keep an eye out for Bald Eagles, kingfishers, deer, fox and alligators.
- Shop for antiques at Biggar’s Antiques, Boone Antique Furniture Sales, and Potpourri Antiques & Molly’s Paperie.
- Have a picnic lunch and fish from the dock at Lake Swoope Park.
- Shop for antique tackle and other gifts at Ron’s Tackle Box.
- Tour the historic Mackay home at Mackay Gardens and Lakeside Preserve.
- Feast on raw oysters and conch fritters at Gary’s Oyster Bar & Seafood House.
- Make reservations at Luigi’s Famous Pizza and Pasta and surprise your significant other with a romantic evening out.
- Attend a master gardener workshop on the first Thursday of each month at Mackay Gardens and Lakeside Preserve.
- Meet your mom or best friend for lunch at The Back Porch and then shop at The Stable, The Season’s, The Back Yard and The Barn.
- Shop for Florida friendly landscaping plants at the Polk Training Center for Handicapped Citizens. You’ll be supporting an organization that enriches the lives of adults with developmental disabilities.
- Taste a signature dessert that has been featured on Food Network’s Epicurus at Lang’s Taste of Florida Café… grapefruit pie.
- Pack up your kids and head to Lions Park where you can play volleyball, fish from the pier, and walk along the beach.