Posted on July 29th, 2014 by Jessica Roberts
LEGOLAND ® Florida plays host for a second consecutive year to Cartoon Network’s MOVE IT MOVEMENT Tour on August 9th & 10th. The summertime traveling event targets youth 6-14 and their parents, presented in partnership with the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition and in support of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative. The 19-market tour will end at LEGOLAND Florida, giving guests new sport-themed activities only available during this exciting two-day event. The MOVE IT MOVEMENT Tour is included with park admission.
Guests visiting can enjoy a host of activities, including an all-new Cartoon Network show-branded obstacle course. Other challenges throughout the park include:
- NBA/WNBA FIT & NBA Hoop Troop — kids can demonstrate their fitness level by testing their basketball skills and shoot against the clock for prizes;
- The PGA of America Driving Range — updated to reflect the new PGA Sports Academy and its goal of developing young social and competitive golfers, kids are invited to drive the ball for accuracy and distance with The PGA driving range. Top scores are posted on the PGA Sports Academy leaderboard;
- NFL PLAY 60 — kids can practice a variety of football-themed activities, including running patterns and passing skills;
- Subway® Fresh Fit for Kids™ Football Sled Challenge – At the challenge, kids can learn the importance of piling the veggies on their favorite Subway sandwich, as they push a custom Subway football sled across the finish line.
- Let’s Move!/PALA+ booth — a station set aside specifically for registration materials, nutrition tips and further information promoting participation with Let’s Move! and the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award.
Presented in a themed, exciting and fun outdoor environment, the MOVE IT MOVEMENT Tour features multiple activity and learning stations for kids. Parents also will find a variety of educational materials and tip sheets presented by CATCH, and organization which serves to empower kids and adults alike with resources that enable them to take more control of their own healthy lifestyle choices.
For more information on the MOVE IT MOVEMENT Tour, please visit Florida.Legoland.com.