Top 25 Things To Do in Downtown Lakeland
Posted on July 10th, 2014 by Jessica Roberts Taylor
We’re reviving and updating an old list of the Top 25 Things To Do in Downtown Lakeland, originally published back in 2009. The original list was published by the Downtown Lakeland Partnership, and we’ll create a few more for other cities in Polk County. Even if you’ve lived in the area for a long time, there are probably some things you haven’t done yet. Here’s to hoping you get a few new ideas for things to do this weekend.
- Eat yummy candy at Got Candy!
- Visit the museums: Polk Museum of Art, Explorations V Children’s Museum, The Loft Art Gallery.
- Take a guided bicycle tour with BeFly Bike Tours.
- Go to a First Friday event.
- Take a walking tour of the outdoor sculptures and art.
- Read a good book on a blanket in Munn Park.
- See a movie at the historic Polk Theatre.
- Visit the Downtown Farmers Curb Market on a Saturday.
- Explore the antique shops.
- Visit Polk Museum of Art on Thursday, Friday or Saturday for FREE admission.
- Stroll the Frances Langford Promenade and Hollis Garden.
- See a show at the Lakeland Center, Lakeland Community Theatre, or Imperial Symphony Orchestra.
- Find historic Lakeland photos in the shops and restaurants.
- Sample food from 20+ food trucks during the Thursday Squared Food Truck Rally.
- Take a scrapbooking class at Scrappin Shack.
- Visit Florida Southern College and tour the world’s largest one-site collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture.
- Fly a kite or play in the water spouts at Barnett Park.
- Catch up with the local artists at the shops and galleries.
- See how many different types of birds you can find at Lake Morton.
- Join a group fun run at Mitchell’s Coffee House, Black & Brew Coffee House, or The Chop Shop.
- People watch along Kentucky Avenue while dining at Fresco’s Bakery & Bistro, Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grill, Palace Pizza or The Chop Shop.
- Drink a pint at the neighborhood bars.
- Meet your friends for brunch on Saturday at The Terrace Grill.
- Sign up for a Historical Tour of Lake Mirror.
- Stop and smell the roses at the Bicentennial Rose Garden at Veteran’s Park.
Every city and community in Polk County has a long list of things to do, so send us yours. Either email your city’s list to Jessica@visitcentralflorida.org, or post a comment below. What are some of your favorite things to do in the greater Lakeland area, Winter Haven, Lake Wales or Haines City?
Also, check out our event calendar at visitcentralflorida.org.